Saturday, April 2, 2022

Tee Shirt

 I decided to make a custom tee shirt design for the railroad.   Allied Shirts was the company I chose.   Their site offers a variety of clothes that can be customized with the design you choose.   I located pictures of the three ho scale steam locomotives that would be used for the railroad.

Using Paint Shop Pro I replaced the background with a color that was as close as I could make it to the color I decided to use for the shirt.  The three modified images are below.  When I decal the locomotives I will may change #108 to just #8.  The image of #5 is to the same scale as the two mallets though I enlarged it to match the width of the other two on the shirt   The tee shirt with the added images is below them.

#5 is from the Sugar Pine Lumber company and got the nickname of Minaret for the mountains near the lumber road.   #108 was originally a coal burner that was built for the Potlach lumber company as #24.  This resulted in two of the air reservoir tanks being mounted on the top of the water tank.  It was later converted to oil and transferred to Weyerhauser.  The tank mounted reservoirs were removed.  It is still in service today on the Black Hills tourist road.   #4 was originally built for the Clover Valley Lumber company and later went to the Feather River Lumber Company.   It is also still in service as a tourist locomotive and has been on the Niles Canyon Railway.

The #5 is in the book "Rails to the Minarets".  #4 and #108 and their Baldwin sisters are covered in the book "Timber Titans"










No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution of a track plan

 While I am slowly working on the wiring for the main standard gauge layout, I started working on an HOn3 switching layout.   There have bee...