Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Layout Update.

It has been a while since I posted.  Due to the high temperatures, I have not been able to work on the layout as much as I would have liked to.   Wiring and turnout motors are slowly being added.   Also, I have to clean and treat the tracks with no-ox-id to improve conductivity.  The older DC locomotives are getting decoders, current keepers, and speakers.   I also got a replica of Gorre and Daphetid #34 on EBay.   Some of the locomotives have been sent to a local locomotive repairer for new motors and a couple of  minor repairs.  I have added a video of a brief test of #34 and of a DCC installation in a Southern Pacific whale back tender.   The tender still needs to have the painting finished.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

evolution of a track plan

 While I am slowly working on the wiring for the main standard gauge layout, I started working on an HOn3 switching layout.   There have bee...